- 2/01/08 - Abstract Submission Closed
- 2/28/08 - The group rate for reservations at the Millennium Hotel is expired.
- 2/29/08 - Registration cost has gone up to the on-site rate, we are still accepting online registrations which will reduce your check-in time and allow us to ensure that we can provide your meal choice.
- 3/12/08 - Schedule Posted: You may now view the times and abstracts for the selected oral presentations on the Schedule page.
- 3/13/08 - Poster session assignments and abstracts have been added to the Schedule page, A search feature has also been added.
- 4/9/08 - Graduate Competiton winners have been posted on the Schedule page.
- 6/23/08 - An archival version suitable for offline use has been posted.
- 02/01/08 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- 02/29/08 - Pre-Registration Deadline
- 03/26/08 - Final Day Of Online Registrations
- 03/29/08 - Preconference Meetings
- 03/30/08 - Preconference Meetings
- 03/31/08 - First Day Of Conference
- 04/02/08 - Final Day Of Conference
The 2008 International Sherwood Fusion Theory Conference will be held March 30 - April 2, 2008 in Boulder, Colorado. All sessions will be held at the Millennium Harvest House. The conference host is the Sherwood Executive Committee and the local chair is John Cary from the Center for Integrated Plasma Studies at the University of Colorado Boulder. The local administrative contact for the conference is Carolyn James.
The latest theoretical results in basic plasma physics and their application to the international fusion energy science program will be presented including areas such as:
- Plasma Properties, Equilibrium, Stability, and Transport
- Physics of Plasma Edge and Divertor Region
- Plasma Production and Heating
- Computer Simulations of Plasmas
The program consists of invited review papers, oral contributed papers, and poster presentations. Oral talks will be selected by the program committee from abstract submissions. All submissions will be accepted for presentation in either oral or poster format.
You can make reservations for the Millennium Harvest House Hotel online, instructions are on the hotel page. Special discount rates are available for conference attendees, as well as discounts for an airport shuttle to and from Denver International Airport. Weather for the Boulder area is available at NOAA. If you would like information on attractions and things to do in Boulder the website of the Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau is a great place to start, we have compiled a list of links about boulder on our about Boulder page.